OZtopo for PC
- Install Garmin's Trip and Waypoint Manger by inserting the CD and
following the instructions. If you do not own MapSource aka Trip and Waypoint
Manager then download BaseCamp from
- if you are using MapSource, upgrade it to the latest version of MapSource by downloading the upgrade from
- Install OZtopo by inserting the USB flash drive and running SETUP.EXE
(double click) and let it complete
- Start or restart MapSource (aka Trip and Waypoint Manager) or BaseCamp. Use should now be able to see
the product selection box - MapSource:
or under the Maps option - BaseCamp:
- Select OZtopo and start planning your trip!
For OZtopo to be useable on a MAC you need to have two pieces of software
installed, BaseCamp (from Garmin Website) and MapInstall/MapManager (from Garmin
Website) and of course OZtopo maps in MAC format.
The flow looks like this:
BaseCamp (www.garmin.com) ------> MAC
MapInstall/MapManager (www.garmin.com) ------> MAC
OZtopo Maps on USB -----MapInstall-----> BaseCamp
The Steps in detail:
- Install Garmin's BaseCamp software by loading it from Garmin Web site:
- Install Garmin's Map Installation Software from here,
- Insert the OZtopo USB stick or DVD
Install OZtopo Maps by
browsing the OZtopo USB or DVD device and locate OZtopo V8.gmapi
Double click on OZtopo V8.gmapi which will launch MapManager.
The map installation dialogue box will appear - click Install and wait for
it to complete
An UNLOCK code is NOT required to
install OZtopo V8.0 on your MAC and there are no restrictions on the number
of MACs OZtopo can be installed on.
- You are now ready to plan trips and transfer waypoints etc to and from
your GPS to BaseCamp.